“Many times amongst us you will find visible differences; in shape, colour, size… But we usually work well together to project beauty into the world… much like the symphony of a well-coordinated orchestra. Unity and harmony should not be mere words… So, would you also commit to work with each other to create beautiful outcomes, please?” – Residence Beau Soleil Garden, Albion, Mauritius
“It’s that time of the year, isn’t it? When hope springs eternal despite the extremes of weather; when fantasy is born and you experience the ecstasy of being little once more; when warm, positive feelings take over from cold, hard reality… Even I, the man on the moon, appear real again! – Setting moon over western Mauritius
I got nominated for the “Very Inspiring Blogger Award” just over one week after being nominated for the “Peace and Harmony Award”. I am not sure that I am deserving at all of these awards but thank you so much once again, A Momma’s View for nominating me. I get lots of inspiration from your blog!
While I will proudly display the award on the blog, and mention seven things about me, I will not follow the other rules of the Award and especially, will not nominate others since this Award comes too soon after another very similar award. I have just nominated other bloggers and I will not be able to do true justice to more nominations. Sorry!
Seven things about me…
1. I am a nature lover, no really!
2. I was born and have lived most of my life in Africa (currently living in Mauritius).
3. I am saddened by the state of the world today where life has almost no value; in the developing world due to poverty and in the developed world due to riches.
4. I took up photography only about a year ago and still have a lot to learn.
5. I am learning to write with my left hand (otherwise being overwhelmingly right handed) so that I can stimulate my brain.
6. By God’s grace if I am able to retire from my current career in a few years, I would like to take up teaching voluntarily if possible.
7. I am intrigued by the sky and would love to own a telescope and maybe even a camera that can enable me take photos.
Once again, I am truly humbled by this award and thank my followers and those whom I follow for enriching my life…
“Let me tell you a little story… Many years ago, there was a Prophet, a mercy to all beings, who was asked to consider renouncing the Truth in exchange for all the riches that they could muster… His answer? “If they were to put the sun in my right hand and the moon in my left, I would still continue to assert only the Truth”… Do you think those are his fingers holding me today as a reward for staying true all those years ago?” – Moonrise over Eastern Mauritius
“As you can see, I have a soft underbelly… therefore, I will share my vulnerabilities with you but only from afar… But, your children? They trust you deeply… They are vulnerable and right up close. Please don’t betray that trust… Honour and protect them so that only their soft laughter lights up the sky, not their tears and anguish…” – Mauritius Fody, by the swimming pool at Residence Beau Soleil, Albion, Mauritius
“I searched earnestly, far and wide, for the perfect gift for Him… but what can you give to the One who is the Creator of everything… the One to whom everything belongs… After getting advice from those with wisdom, I decided that the best gift would be for me to reflect His Beauty, Generosity, Love, Glory and Light…” – At Residence Beau Soleil Garden, Albion, Mauritius