A very pleasant surprise awaited me this morning… The One Lovely Blog Award… Thank you indeed gaiainaction for nominating me. It may sound like a cliché but I am truly humbled by your kind thought…
Under the rules of the award, I am required to tell you a few things about myself that you don’t already know. I had recently done so when nominated for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award, so it will not be easy to reveal more. Anyway, I will give it a shot: –
- I am the proud father of four lovely daughters, the eldest of whom are twins!
- Several years ago, I worked in the rural areas of Eastern Africa for a poverty alleviation programme that focussed on providing financial services to groups of women (à la Grameen model) and those experiences, I hold very close to my heart.
- I love reading and have stacks of books especially of the mystical, spiritual and philosophical genres…
- I enjoy listening to sufi music as well as folksy tunes…
- Many years ago I studied in Toronto, Canada and would love to return one day especially to explore and photograph the beautiful and picturesque sites there. I know that nature speaks wisely everywhere…
I hope that my nominations below do not think of this as a “chain letter” of an Award but my expression of admiration and awe at the beauty of their thoughts and creativity: –
Sonya at Follow Your Shadow
Geneviève at the poetry whisperer
Mélanie at mon aire de jeux (et) de mots…:-)
Rekha at Window With A View
Tanveer at Just Bliss
Ravi at Photos by Ravi
Nakul at Just A Crazy Dreamer
Once again, I truly appreciate the award from gaiainaction – she is indeed very kind!