“We live side by side and allow each other ample space to exist freely… Despite our basic differences, we are in regular contact with each other and have no secrets… Moreover, there is mutual respect and understanding between us! Is there a lesson in here for each one of you? – Rock formations interplaying with the Indian Ocean, Albion, Mauritius
“It is a mistake to gauge the truth of Religion from the conduct of its adherents… That’s like measuring the temperature of the sun by putting your thermometer against a rock that has been touched by its rays… Find out the essence of Religion and you will realise that there is only one Truth!” – Sunset scene at Lighthouse, Albion, Mauritius
“Amongst us, no matter what the physical exterior looks like, even if it is hard, rocky, unyielding or sharp, the inner essence is always soft and spiritual… You are even more fortunate in that your essence is Light and Intellect. A truly lofty existence! Why then do you forget your true nature so easily? – Rock at Albion Cliff, Western Mauritius
“We have so much to be grateful for… the colours on our backs, the patterns we see, the alluring scents that guide, the simple nourishment that we get, the wings with which to fly, the wind on which to float… All we need is to be alive and grateful… happiness is sure to follow!” – In the Residence Beau Soleil Garden, Albion, Mauritius
A very pleasant surprise awaited me this morning… The One Lovely Blog Award… Thank you indeed gaiainaction for nominating me. It may sound like a cliché but I am truly humbled by your kind thought…
Under the rules of the award, I am required to tell you a few things about myself that you don’t already know. I had recently done so when nominated for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award, so it will not be easy to reveal more. Anyway, I will give it a shot: –
- I am the proud father of four lovely daughters, the eldest of whom are twins!
- Several years ago, I worked in the rural areas of Eastern Africa for a poverty alleviation programme that focussed on providing financial services to groups of women (à la Grameen model) and those experiences, I hold very close to my heart.
- I love reading and have stacks of books especially of the mystical, spiritual and philosophical genres…
- I enjoy listening to sufi music as well as folksy tunes…
- Many years ago I studied in Toronto, Canada and would love to return one day especially to explore and photograph the beautiful and picturesque sites there. I know that nature speaks wisely everywhere…
I hope that my nominations below do not think of this as a “chain letter” of an Award but my expression of admiration and awe at the beauty of their thoughts and creativity: –
Sonya at Follow Your Shadow
Geneviève at the poetry whisperer
Mélanie at mon aire de jeux (et) de mots…:-)
Rekha at Window With A View
Tanveer at Just Bliss
Ravi at Photos by Ravi
Nakul at Just A Crazy Dreamer
Once again, I truly appreciate the award from gaiainaction – she is indeed very kind!
“I choose to radiate light, even if there are dark obstacles in the way… I choose to reflect fire even if my basic nature is water… I choose to provide shelter and rain even if it costs my life to do so… We choose to do right under all circumstances… this is what makes us natural…” – Radiant sunset at Flic en Flac, Mauritius